Saturday, May 30, 2009

Easter

Jayani, my daughter is leaning against me speaking of Easter lilies as I type this. We have just put a cake into the oven. I told her about Jesus Christ, about his crucification and the resurrection on Easter, as we prepared to bake the cake. She has been taking some pictures of Easter lilies and playing with the yellow pollen grains on the big anthers on the big bell-shaped flowers.

It amazes me how these flowers blossom right on Easter day! A few days back I was wondering how a stem was shooting up abnormally fast and what it would bear. There are no leaves but two huge red Easter lilies at the end of the stem today, on Easter day. It is almost magical how these plants are so faithful in their promise to decorate the Earth on this auspicious day. Happy Easter to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment